For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops.
The Team Lead is responsible to provide support to the department Supervisor and leadership to the assigned department team. Process efficiently and work jointly with logistics distribution services groups to ensure best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics services.
The Agent II Logistics sits within the Operations Department and reports to the Team Leader. The Agent II is responsible for coordinating outbound air and ocean freight shipments to their destination while providing exceptional customer service. This position requires competency in expediting and routing movement of incoming and outgoing cargo and freight shipments in airline, train, and trucking terminals, and shipping docks; taking orders from customers and arranging pickup of freight and cargo for delivery to loading platform; and preparing and examining bills of lading to determine shipping charges and tariffs.
The Agent II Logistics is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Providing customer quotes with support of the PFS Inside Sales Team.
- Processing of export shipments for an assigned base of accounts.
- Creating job files for all account movements and chargeable activities when required.
- Coordinating operational cargo movements via air, sea and road freight with the direction and support of an Agent III when necessary.
- Preparation of documents and traffic coordination within established standards.
- Preparing files for invoicing according to client rate schedules.
- Review shipping requirements and identify the most cost-effective methods.
- Liaising with PFS offices, agents, contractors, third parties, and clients in USA and overseas.
- Communicate with overseas agents to ensure proper pre-alerts and documentation.
- Notify clients on statues of shipment and maintain proactive communication with clients. Provide best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics services at all times.
- Ensure the proper and timely billing of customers.
- Signing off on creditors invoices with Team Lead approval.
- AES filing export documents.
- Tracking and tracing of cargo movement.
- Meet or exceed established KPI.
- Working closely and interacting with department staff.
- Attending office and departmental meetings.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years’ experience as an Export Agent.
- Updates customers shipment statuses.
- Negotiation and relationship skills. Relationship builder.
- Understanding of NVOCC and making ocean and air bookings.
- Understanding of TSA regulations for Air.
- Understanding of FMC regulations for Ocean shipments.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
Please Get in Touch to apply.
Similar job offers in your area
- Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment.
Regional QHSE & Compliance Manager
For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops. Following significant investment in the Netherlands and several new business awards in the Energy and Resource sector […]
We are currently recruiting for an Export Coordinator to join our general operations team within the Aberdeen Office.