For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops.
Following significant investment in the Netherlands and several new business awards in the Energy and Resource sector we are currently looking to strengthen our team and have a number of exciting opportunities to join our rapidly growing operation.
As MR coordinator / assistant freight forwarder you will work in a pleasant environment and in an enthusiastic young team. Our Rotterdam office is located in a newly built facility, equipped with all modern conveniences. At Pentagon we believe that in-house employee training and development is critical for our sustainable business growth and employee retention. In addition to our corporate on-line e-learning software, we support our staff with dedicated training programs. Additional on the job training allows our new staff to become knowledgeable and proficient in the Information Technology that supports our operations.
- You will be responsible for all shipment receipts (Material Receipt) at the warehouse.
- Process all shipments in accordance with customer requirements, standard operating procedures and internal and external system processes.
- Working with the export team, you will assist in the collection and preparation of export shipments (all modes of transport).
- Ensure that purchase orders, commercial invoices and packing lists are processed in a timely manner and in accordance with current customs legislation.
- Work closely with the warehouse staff, and if you hold a forklift or reach truck certificate (a plus) you will also provide assistance in the warehouse (Warehouse Receipt) if needed.
- Communication both in writing and verbally with Pentagon’s clients and suppliers of Pentagon clients, efficiently providing guidance and shipment/enquiry updates.
- Ensuring all client KPI’s are achieved, and information is processed in most efficient manner.
- Timely and accurately completion of export clearances and preparing export documentation and licensing in consultation with the Pentagon brokerage team.
- Participating in general office and warehouse tasks as and when required.
- Invoicing clients and other Pentagon offices for services rendered.
What we’re looking for
- 1 or 2 years’ experience in logistics / warehouse operations.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Fluent language skills in both Dutch and English
- Resident in the greater Rotterdam area or willingness to commute to the Pentagon Rotterdam facility by car (public transport is limited).
- High level customer service skills.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organising skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively in a busy work environment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
Please Get in Touch to apply.
Similar job offers in your area
- Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment.
Regional QHSE & Compliance Manager
For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops. Following significant investment in the Netherlands and several new business awards in the Energy and Resource sector […]
We are currently recruiting for an Export Coordinator to join our general operations team within the Aberdeen Office.