For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join Pentagon Freight Services Brisbane Team within our Export Operations department. The role will report to the Queensland Operations Manager.
- Coordinate export shipments using internal & external systems to work with both our customers and the entire Pentagon network of 72 global offices.
- Communication both electronic and verbal with Pentagon’s clients, efficiently providing guidance and shipment/enquiry status
- Ensuring all client KPI’s are achieved, and information is processed in most efficient manner
- Verifying cargoes suitability for international transport and making relevant arrangements should the freight require repacking or fumigation
- Facilitating online airfreight /seafreight bookings of various types of cargo
- Ensuring competitive purchasing from all vendors globally
- Timely and accurately completion of export clearances and preparing export documentation
- Assisting in the billing process to ensure accurate coding of supplier’s invoices and timely handover of files to Pentagon accounts team
- Organizing collection of freight and onward delivery to export location at interstate depot, airport or port
- Participating in general office and warehouse tasks as required
- Delivering a high level of customer service
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge of customs and freight forwarding terminology
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Confident in conflict resolution
- Advanced negotiation and relationship skills
- High level customer service skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organisation skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively in a busy work environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Willingness to train to a proficient level in Customs ICS, Cyberfreight & Cargowise computer systems
- Current drivers’ licence
Training will be provided for
- Dangerous Goods by Air and Sea accreditations
- Aviation Security – AACA online Security Awareness Training
- Customs ICS, Cyberfreight & Cargowise computer systems
- Pentagon’s “Insight” materials management tool
- Our experienced freight forwarding professionals will mentor and guide new team members through our Mentorship Program
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a Pre-Employment Medical and Drug and Alcohol screen along with Criminal History checks.
No unsolicited CV’s from any recruitment agencies will be recognised as received through their channels. Only after written request from Pentagon Freight Services will they be recognised as being received.
To find out more about Pentagon Freight Services please visit our website at www.pentagonfreight.com
Please contact Angela Keswick, HR Manager on 08 9353 3999, for more information or click the ‘Apply’ button below