For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops.
The Branch Manager sits within Management and reports to the VP of Operations. This position will lead, manage and guide the organization through a robust knowledge and understanding of the commercial, regulatory and international context in which Pentagon operates. This role will ensure Pentagon is competitive and a respected leader in the international freight forwarding, customs brokerage and logistics services sector. This role demands a strategic approach that is innovative and focused on continuous improvement, whilst being underpinned by a strong commercial acumen.
- Managing commercial negotiations and contractual terms;
- Liaising with Pentagon offices, commercial teams, agents and clients globally.
- Managing the team performance and assisting with the supervision of new employees by coaching and mentoring
- Ensuring information is communicated effectively to both external and internal customers/ departments
- Support strategy execution for logistics and warehousing
- Implement financial metrics and associated KPIs for supply-chain network and vendors.
- Setting the ethical tone, including directly overseeing the administration, implementation of and the compliance with, Pentagon’s QHSE, Compliance & Ethics capabilities;
- Maintaining and developing relationships with new and existing clients and vendors;
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Develop and implement global transportation cost-savings programs for year-over-year savings
- Maintain awareness of industry and global logistics trends that will benefit company in the marketplace
- Ensure that operational activities remain on time and within budget
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding, break bulk, heavy lift, over dimensional and special project cargoes;
- Full knowledge and understanding of the company’s goals, Mission, and strategies
- Lead daily control meetings, identifying issues and actions to be taken
- Conduct root-cause analysis of failures and take corrective actions
- Provide oversight for budgetary, scheduling, and project database, and report regularly to senior managers about progress, plans, and problems that could affect costs or schedules
- Consult with various internal business units and vendors to identify opportunities for improvements of the supply-chain network
- Manage compliance, quality control, and quality assurance standards and specifications
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve proprietary tools and systems
- Work closely with legal and safety departments to ensure that activities remain compliant
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 5 years experience in freight forwarding
- Extensive knowledge of Insight (FMS) and CW1 or similar ERP and CRM systems.
- Proven extensive experience in a senior executive role, within a geographically diverse national or international organization;
- Previous experience in managing and leading a company through Change Management to transition the company to higher standards and effective and efficient operations
- Demonstrated high-level knowledge in the core management disciplines of strategic planning, financial management, operations, QHSE and human resource management; manage Profit and Loss statements
- Experience and success in creating and driving engagement for progressive organizational and cultural change;
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the international freight forwarding and logistics industry;
- Experience of working internationally in the Energy & resource industry
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the Energy & Resource Industries on a Global basis
- Experience of working with varied cultures, understanding specific and regional diversities.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate (verbally and intuitively) effectively with both customers and Pentagon staff. Including all levels of management.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Well organized logical thinker who can manage multiple tasks and complex and unique issues.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
Please Get in Touch to apply.
Similar job offers in your area
- Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment.
Regional QHSE & Compliance Manager
For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops. Following significant investment in the Netherlands and several new business awards in the Energy and Resource sector […]
We are currently recruiting for an Export Coordinator to join our general operations team within the Aberdeen Office.