The candidate to be involved in the Co-Ordination of shipments from start to finish, including quotation, ensuring that clients receive excellent customer service care throughout all aspects of their enquiry. You will also be required to contribute to team KPI’s ensuring that team targets are met.
Export coordinator is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Assisting with the onboarding of new clients, in addition to those already handled by team, ensuring smooth transition to our service
- Develop core client relationships to achieve set team goals
- Working closely with Sales team maintain existing client relationships
- Attend regular client meetings
- Provide support to Export Team to realise their objectives
- Fully conversant with all Pentagon in-house systems
- Accurate and complete entry of consignment and client information to the system
- Booking of shipments with carriers – Airlines, shipping lines and road transport companies
- Process all shipping documentation including, but not limited to – MAWB, HAWB, Bill of lading, CMR and Standard shipping note
- Process customs declarations through ASM Sequoia software in accordance with instructions and HMRC compliance
- Maintain a thorough understanding of HM Revenue & Customs regulations
- Adhere to destination specific documentation requirements
- Ensure all monthly KPI’s are met and billing requirements are achieved in timely manner
- Participate in weekly team meetings to discuss workload, issues and opportunities
- Provide competitive quotations to customers and overseas offices, ensuring intelligent buying is always sought.
- Resolving day to day issues with Clients and Vendors including issuing NCR’s
- Feedback any operational issues to Manager who will filter to Sales Department to develop further business.
- Full understanding of Pentagon Compliance Programme working closely with Export Manager & Regional Compliance Manger for latest edition of trade sanctions etc.
- Ensure Dangerous Goods procedures are followed within the department for successful export in accordance with the current regulations
- Providing advice to clients on all aspects of importing/exporting cargoes
- Follow client Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years of Export freight forwarding experience
- Displays a positive and outgoing attitude, maintaining a high degree of commitment to improvements and change
- Good organisational skills and an ability to react to suit operational demands, must be able to organise time effectively and prioritise tasks to cope with fluctuating workloads
- High level of accuracy in checking and processing information
- Familiar with Lloyds Loading List, OAG Flight Guide and Croner’s Export Guide
- Experienced in handling Dangerous Goods