- Have knowledge and understanding of AES filing requirements.
- Reviews shipping requirements and identify the most cost-effective methods.
- Ensures documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Liaises with PFS offices, agents, contractors, third parties and clients in USA and overseas.
- Communicate with overseas agents to ensure proper pre-alerts and documentation.
- Notifies clients on statues of shipment and maintain proactive communication with clients.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with export carriers, transportation agencies and sales.
- Sources methods of transportation and creates quotes for the customer. Including out of gauge and over-sized cargo.
- Provides best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics services at all times.
- Ensure the proper and timely billing of customers.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within the Imports operation role
- Positive and professional attitude
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Cargowise experience highly preferred but not required
- High School Diploma required
Pentagon Freight Services is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Similar job offers in your area
Pricing Specialist / Inside Sales
We have an immediate opening for an experienced international freight forwarding quotation consultant to join our dynamic team of international freight forwarders.
Warehouse Checking and Receiving Clerk
Are you looking for an exciting warehouse position with competitive pay, excellent benefits and a generous PTO plan? Join Pentagon Freight Service and enjoy a safe work environment and an amazing team of warehouse professionals.
- Import Operations
Pentagon Freight Services has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Import Logistics Agent. The ideal candidate will have 1-5+ years’ experience working within the Imports roles of a Freight Forwarder. The Import Agent is responsible for registering import freight shipments and processing all related documentation.