- Liaising with customers and overseas offices to coordinate export shipments (courier, Air, FCL, LCL, OOG).
- Maintaining up to date communication with Pentagon’s clients, efficiently providing guidance and shipment/enquiry status.
- Ensuring all client KPI’s are achieved, and information is processed through Insight in an efficient manner.
- Verifying cargoes suitability for international transport and making relevant arrangements should the freight require repacking or fumigation.
- Facilitating airfreight /seafreight bookings of various types of cargo including dangerous goods.
- Ensuring competitive buying.
- Timely and accurately completing export clearances and preparing export documentation (inclusive of DG and consular documentation).
- Pre-alerting and monitoring consignments in a timely manner.
- Completing billing process (timely and accurately coding supplier’s invoices and preparing files for handover to Accounts).
- Assisting with tenders and competitive RFQ’s.
- Participating in general office and warehouse tasks as required.
What we’re looking for
- 2-3 years’ experience in export operations.
- Knowledge of customs and freight forwarding terminology.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Advanced negotiation and relationship skills.
- High level customer service skills.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organising skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively in a busy work environment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Customs Systems.
- Current unrestricted drivers licence.
- Dangerous Goods by Air and Sea accreditations.
- Aviation Security – AACA online Security Awareness Training.
Similar job offers in your area
- Import Operations
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join us in our Queensland Operations team in Eagle Farm as an Import Coordinator. The role will report to the QLD Operations Manager.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join us in our Queensland Operations team in Eagle Farm as a Storeperson. The role will report to the Warehouse Team Leader