The successful candidate will be responsible for the timely and efficient processing of all exports and third party country moves in line with client directives and Pentagon standard operating procedures. The Freight Forwarder is also responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Fully conversant with all Pentagon in-house systems
- Managing Export / import shipment on a ‘cradle to grave’ operational basis from quotation, execution and client invoicing.
- Responding to Quote requests in a timely efficient manner for external and internal PFS clients. Identifying any missing information at earliest opportunity and pro-actively communicating with requester to compete a quote.
- Booking of shipments with carriers – Airlines, shipping lines and road transport companies
- Ensure data fully and accurately entered into all systems in accordance with company best practice
- Process all shipping documentation including, but not limited to – MAWB, HAWB, Bill of lading, CMR and Standard shipping note
- Process customs declarations through ASM Sequoia software in accordance with instructions and HMRC compliance
- Maintain a thorough understanding of HM Revenue & Customs regulations
- Adhere to destination specific documentation requirements
- Attend and contribute to daily team briefings to discuss current workload or any other relevant information
- Resolving day to day issues with Clients and Vendors to include advising and or / escalation for support to General Manger as appropriate.
- Proactive communication to both internal and external clients with any identified actual or potential service issue, volunteering optimum alternative solution to meet required transit.
- Full understanding of Pentagon Compliance Programme
- Ensure Dangerous Goods procedures are followed within the department for successful export in accordance with the current regulations.
- Responding to service updates and status updates as required by internal and external clients.
- Managing a specific portfolio of designated Dartford accounts and taking on additional jobs as import / export department workload requires.
- Working alone if required and managing operational workload during times of staff shortages or work colleague absence.
- Maintaining PFS profit margins by correctly selecting best service providers / airline to meet clients service / transit expectation but maximise PFS margin.
- Utilising Cargo Office for Airline selection and flagging up to Management / Airline Purchasing any identified issues and non-conformities.
- Managing pre / post flights and exception reporting / status updates to external and internal clients.
- Assisting in credit control with specified clients / agents as required
What we’re looking for
Candidate should display a positive and outgoing attitude, maintaining a high degree of commitment to improvements and change as well as the below:
- Experience in Air Freight import and export forwarding
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experienced in handling Dangerous Goods
- Comprehensive understanding of import / export regimes and understanding of Customs Procedures
- Comprehensive understanding of ASM Sequoia and CHIEF
- Familiar with Lloyds Loading List, OAG Flight Guide and Cargo Office
- Excellent Microsoft skills, in particular Excel
- Good oral and communication skills
- Good organisational skills and an ability to react to suit operational demands, must be able to organise time effectively and prioritise tasks to cope with fluctuating workloads
- High level of accuracy in checking and processing information
- Ability to form good relationships, with clients, colleagues and vendors
- Able to work using own initiative, and as part of a team