- Prepare U.S. Customs Import Documentation with a clear understanding of U.S. Customs regulations and requirements.
- Responsible for arranging transportation from origin to destination.
- Work closely with internal and external brokers to gain customs release.
- Responsible for sending pre-alerts/ arrival notices to the broker.
- Gain HTS codes from the customer and submit the 7501 to customs for customs release.
- Pay terminal fees to the airline or the SSL (steamship line) and arrange for final delivery to the customer.
- Obtain POD (proof of delivery) from the trucker and provide POD to the shipper
- Processes and complete all work associated with filing various types of entries, such as; Consumption, Informal, CBP 7512, Temporary Import Bond and ISF.
- Coordinate with overseas office to ensure all documentation is received and completed accurately to enable import shipments and clearances take place.
- Ensure all creditor invoices are verified for compliance with agreed rates and approved for payment in a timely manner.
- Track and trace shipments and continuously update the customer on the shipment progress and expected delivery schedule.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within the Imports operation role
- Positive and professional attitude
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Cargowise experience highly preferred but not required
- High School Diploma required Pentagon Freight Services is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
When joining Pentagon Freight Services, you will enjoy an inclusive workplace community, a culture of flexibility, and extensive learning opportunities that are tailored to support your career development. We are committed to supporting a culture of equality and inclusion. You will be part of a culturally diverse workplace that works as “One Pentagon” to provide best in class customer services to our clients and customers.
The Company’s mission, vision and values are what connects the Pentagon team members around the globe and what sets us apart from the competition. Come be part of something great! Join the Pentagon team!
Similar job offers in your area
Pricing Specialist / Inside Sales
We have an immediate opening for an experienced international freight forwarding quotation consultant to join our dynamic team of international freight forwarders.
- Export Operations
Are you looking for an exciting career path that provides growth opportunity in a position where you’ll never be bored? We have an immediate opening for an experienced Export Coordinator to join our dynamic team of international freight forwarders. The ideal candidate will have experience with all modes of transportation including sea and air freight.
Warehouse Checking and Receiving Clerk
Are you looking for an exciting warehouse position with competitive pay, excellent benefits and a generous PTO plan? Join Pentagon Freight Service and enjoy a safe work environment and an amazing team of warehouse professionals.