Pentagon Freight Services is one of the world’s largest privately-owned companies providing international freight forwarding services.
We are looking to hire a junior IT support role. The candidate will work as part of a small IT team providing basic IT support to staff in UK and EU offices. The role suits a candidate with an interest in IT administration looking for their first role. On-the-job training will be provided.
The key function of the role is to resolve (or escalate) IT software and hardware issues. IT issues are primarily reported and managed through our IT ticket system but may arise via other channels.
- Providing 1st line IT user support.
- Creating and disabling user accounts in various systems including Microsoft’s platform.
- Configuring and deploying IT-related hardware.
- Installing and configuring basic user software.
- Troubleshooting user application issues.
- Troubleshooting basic IT hardware issues.
What we’re looking for
- Positive and professional attitude
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organising skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Current drivers’ licence
Because the role is highly interactive, it is important that the candidate has a positive, patient, and professional attitude and presents professionally.