The Inside Sales Agent is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Respond to customers inquiries including rate requests and quotes, transportation services provided by the pricing department, and preferred third party vendors.
- Fosters new client relationships and identifies new business opportunities.
- Works independently utilizing previous logistics and/or freight forwarding experience and expertise to provide value added services to existing and new customers.
- Cultivate and utilize persuasive negotiation and memory retention association skills.
- Develops keen follow-up and closing techniques to enhance growth.
- Maintains positive relationships and works productively with other departments (internally and externally) to provide expert advice to potential customers.
- Resolves customer complaints quickly with sensitivity and always portrays the company and our vendors in a positive manner. Builds and Maintains relationships by exhibiting exceptional customer service skills.
- Receive and understand Quotation Requests to determine method, routing and type of transportation needed.
- Participation and completion of major bids and tenders.
- Settles rates with the airlines and shipping lines and coordinates bookings.
- Invoice and verify billing amounts.
- Quote international airfreight, ocean freight and domestic road and air movements.
Selection Criteria – Essential
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within an International Freight Forwarding environment, preferably in a quoting and/or pricing role.
- Understanding of Oil and Gas logistics and/or related sectors.
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding, breakbulk, heavy lift and over dimensional cargos.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively in a busy work environment.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate (verbally and intuitively) effectively with both customers and Pentagon staff including all levels of management.
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment.
- Experience with participating in Tess bids and RFQs strongly preferred.
- A high attention to detail with strong planning and organizational skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- A team player and can-do attitude.
- Is creative and innovative.
- Unquestionable honesty and integrity.
Pentagon Freight Services is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Similar job offers in your area
- Export Operations
Are you looking for an exciting career path that provides growth opportunity in a position where you’ll never be bored? We have an immediate opening for an experienced Export Coordinator to join our dynamic team of international freight forwarders. The ideal candidate will have experience with all modes of transportation including sea and air freight.
Warehouse Checking and Receiving Clerk
Are you looking for an exciting warehouse position with competitive pay, excellent benefits and a generous PTO plan? Join Pentagon Freight Service and enjoy a safe work environment and an amazing team of warehouse professionals.
- Import Operations
Pentagon Freight Services has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Import Logistics Agent. The ideal candidate will have 1-5+ years’ experience working within the Imports roles of a Freight Forwarder. The Import Agent is responsible for registering import freight shipments and processing all related documentation.