Pentagon Freight Services is one of the world’s largest privately-owned companies providing international freight forwarding services. We partner with our clients to fully understand their business, objectives, and expectations to provide optimum value and support.
We are currently recruiting a Purchase Ledger Clerk to be based within our UK Finance team in our Global Head office in Dartford.
The successful candidate will be the Primary Creditors ledger contact for both internal & external stakeholders, in respect of monies owed by the company. They will be responsible for informing / updating internal / external stakeholders on payment position/problems (as appropriate):
- Implementing new features. These could apply to the desktop application, portal, or hand-held devices.
- Implementing web service connections to customer systems to exchange business data.
- Maintaining and improving the codebase.
- Resolving product/software related IT tickets and troubleshoot day-to-day issues that may
- Maintaining/reconciling all the Trade Creditors in the Purchase ledger (except intercompany creditors)
- Processing (upfront) payments & Advising Credit control team (as appropriate)
- Daily contact chasing of suppliers (for copy invoices) by phone, email etc.
- Directing invoice queries to relevant personnel/offices
- Monthly runs to supplier in accordance with agreed payment terms
- Maintain Supplier account address, bank & other contact details
- Ad hoc Creditor reporting to Internal/external stakeholders
- Responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of the Creditor report
- Verbally confirming Creditor Bank Details prior to the account being set up in accordance with our security procedures.
- Setting up of approved Debtors on Cargowise
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a software development role.
- Ability to meet deadlines / work under pressure
- Accuracy & Attention to detail e.g. allocation of Creditor payments
- Basic MS Excel skills i.e. many reports from debtor’s ledger can be downloaded into excel, so ability to “Apply Filters, set print to fit etc.” a must
- Basic MS Word e.g. draft a nonstandard letter to client
- MS Outlook emailing & utilization of Calendar/reminders
- Self-driven i.e. ability to work on own initiative and organize/plan their activities e.g. payment run timing
- Also, able to work as part of a team e.g. to help meet deadlines
- Highly organized
- Effective communicator by phone, email etc.
Similar job offers in your area
- Information Technology
Senior Developer – Dartford and/or Aberdeen
Global operations rely heavily on Pentagon’s Insight system that has been developed inhouse by to provide the following functions
We are currently recruiting for an Export Coordinator to join our general operations team within the Aberdeen Office.