For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops.
Following significant investment in the Netherlands and several new business awards in the Energy and Resource sector we are currently looking to strengthen our team and have a number of exciting opportunities to join our rapidly growing operation.
The Sea Freight Key Account Lead will be based in our Rotterdam-Botlek facility and will report to the Rotterdam Manager. With primary responsibility for coordinating the flow of sea freight for our key Energy and Resource customers to all Global Locations, and ensuring that all aspects of the supply chain are managed efficiently and effectively from receipt of order through to receipt at final destination.
- Supervising the day to day operations of the export department including work allocation and shared mailbox.
- Supervising the export team performance and assisting with new employees by coaching and mentoring.
- Ensuring information is communicated effectively to both external and internal customers / departments.
- Booking of export shipments with shipping lines and loading and lodging cargo for export.
- Liaising with clients and transport companies to coordinate shipment deliveries (FCL & LCL).
- Negotiating with shipping lines to secure space and rates to on sell to our customer base.
- Negotiating with domestic transport, and Logistic services companies and manage the procurement of those services with ongoing review of performance and market cost analysis.
- Liaising with overseas agents to co-ordinate all shipments.
- Preparing client specific reports and attend client meetings.
- Assist with setting and monitoring department KPI’s.
- Provide input for periodic performance reviews.
- Invoicing clients for freight and handling charges.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in export operations supporting customers operating in the Energy and Resource sector.
- Ability to motivate and drive team members to meet deadlines and targets.
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding, break bulk, heavy lift, over dimensional and special project cargoes.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Confident in conflict resolution.
- Advanced negotiation and relationship skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organising skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively in a busy work environment.
Please Get in Touch to apply.