Pentagon Freight Services is one of the world’s largest privately-owned companies providing international freight forwarding services. We partner with our clients to fully understand their business, objectives, and expectations to provide optimum value and support.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Software Developer in our Perth office to join our small globally distributed product team who are responsible for enhancing our primary customer-facing cloud application.
- Implementing new features. These could apply to the desktop application, portal, or hand-held devices.
- Implementing web service connections to customer systems to exchange business data.
- Maintaining and improving the codebase.
- Resolving product/software related IT tickets and troubleshoot day-to-day issues that may arise.
- Suggesting improvements to the application and the management of the codebase.
- Testing your code changes.
- Optionally liaise with end-users in order to gain first-hand knowledge of the business in order to implement the best fit solution.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a software development role.
- Excellent working knowledge of IT technologies, including:
- SQL Server
- Web services and web service integrations using XML / XSL
- Application and web service security
- Windows Server / IIS
- Experience in Azure, GIT, DevOps, and Visual Studio
- Positive, flexible, and professional attitude
- High attention to detail and good time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Must be willing, on occasion, to work outside normal office hours, as the needs of the global business and specific projects require.
- Current unrestricted drivers’ licence.
- Relevant IT qualifications
Similar job offers in your area
- Information Technology
Senior Developer – Dartford and/or Aberdeen
Global operations rely heavily on Pentagon’s Insight system that has been developed inhouse by to provide the following functions
We are currently recruiting for an Export Coordinator to join our general operations team within the Aberdeen Office.