For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops.
Following significant investment in the Netherlands and several new business awards in the Energy and Resource sector we are currently looking to strengthen our team and have a number of exciting opportunities to join our rapidly growing operation.
The Group is on an exciting journey, with the executive management team driving global group investments in technology that will enable the worldwide group to streamline processes, gaining efficiencies through well-managed globally adopted processes.
This change will drive positive continuous improvement across all areas of the business and equip Pentagon with the skills and systems to drive world-class global freight forwarding solutions.
The primary function of the System Implementation Operations Specialist position is to roll out and support Pentagon’s CargoWise One ERP system with a focus on the Forwarding Module.
The team is currently split over many locations such as Aberdeen, Perth, London, and Dubai. As in any global team, flexibility is required in terms of working hours to connect with the other members of the team in different time zones, etc.
- Execute fact-finding Discovery Operations trips, gather requirements, and devise system solutions.
- Configure solutions within CW1 forwarding (and related) modules. Configuration includes but is not limited to; security groups, new users, AWB stock, customs configuration, document and report localisations, quotes set up, document pack creation, branch and company set up.
- Work with CW1 Finance counterpart to solve operational/finance scenarios.
- Take direction/learnings from the CW1 Operations Steam Lead.
- Ensure the forwarding system configuration adheres to presently rolled-out sites and established Group operational global standards.
- Plan, prepare, and execute onsite face-to-face user training. This should include the preparation of exercises for attendees.
- Monitor user elearning and Test system practice progress.
- Maintain (or create if necessary) operational processes, user guides, configuration, and procedures as required.
- Resolve CW1 helpdesk tickets.
- Execute occasional data integrity checks, policing, and education.
- Ad-hoc activities as directed by the Global IT Director and CW1 Operations Stream Lead.
- Support go-live and post go-live operations activities.
- Travel to the target rollout country for between 1.5 – 3 weeks per trip for the following phases: Discovery, face-to-face training, and Go-Live support.
- Attend required team meetings and report progress as required.
- Periodically review the integrity of data within the system and remediate as required which could include bulletins or training.
- Periodically assist other members of the IT team.
- Keep up to date with features and functions that can be applied to Pentagon operations staff to improve efficiencies.
- Achieve and maintain the ‘CargoWise One Certified Professional’ certification.
- Ad-Hoc activities as directed by Global IT Director.
What we’re looking for
- At least 10 years freight forwarding operations experience.
- At least 3 years using the CargoWise One system.
- Strong Interpersonal skills that can interact with people from all cultures.
- Confident with IT systems, preferably experience having some level of administrative privileges.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Flexibility to travel to support projects.
- Cross-cultural mindset and experience in delivering projects with cross-border teams.
- Willing to be flexible regarding work hours to connect with other members of the team, and around Go-Live, periods.
Please Get in Touch to apply.
Similar job offers in your area
- Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment.
Regional QHSE & Compliance Manager
For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops. Following significant investment in the Netherlands and several new business awards in the Energy and Resource sector […]
We are currently recruiting for an Export Coordinator to join our general operations team within the Aberdeen Office.