For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops.
The Team Lead is responsible to provide support to the department Supervisor and leadership to the assigned department team. Process efficiently and work jointly with logistics distribution services groups to ensure best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics services.
The Team Lead is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following with the support of the Supervisor:
- Oversee and supervise the activities of the department in order to ensure best-in-class customer service while complying with established SOP’s.
- Delegate and organize workflow ensuring that employees understand their assignments, timelines and performance expectations
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching • Ensure adherence to Company policies and practices and carry out counselling/ disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Monitor department time and attendance and approve PTO and timecards in the Supervisors absence.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and quarterly check-ins.
- Manage time and attendance including timekeeping and PTO leave.
- Maintain high level relationships with all key clients.
- Liaise with PFS offices, agents, contractors, third parties and clients in USA and overseas
- Ensure accuracy with all financial reporting, inclusive of accrual reporting
- Ensure correct technical and commercial information is provided in all tenders, prequalification’s and request for quotation documents
- Resolve escalations and follow-up with appropriate personnel.
- Assist in day-to-day operations of the department to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Cultivate a positive and productive work environment that empowers the Team to achieve their fullest potential and directly contribute to organizational goals and objectives.
- Maintain and Create required documentation
What we’re looking for
- Have previous freight forwarding experience within the department you are leading.
- If no previous supervisor experience, is willing and able to receive supervisor training within 30 days of accepting the position and will participate in continued training and development regardless of previous training.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate (verbally and intuitively) effectively with both customers and Pentagon staff. Including all levels of management.
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment
Please Get in Touch to apply.
Similar job offers in your area
- Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment.
Regional QHSE & Compliance Manager
For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops. Following significant investment in the Netherlands and several new business awards in the Energy and Resource sector […]
We are currently recruiting for an Export Coordinator to join our general operations team within the Aberdeen Office.