For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Coordinator based in our Eagle Farm, Brisbane facility. This role will report to the QLD Operations Manager and will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the company’s Domestic and Express Courier transportation requirements, including air freight, and land transportation requirements. This position offers the successful individual an opportunity to grow with the company in line with the company’s aggressive expansion plans in Queensland and Papua New Guinea.
- Co-ordinating collections and deliveries for any cleared shipments and warehouse movements
- Ensuring cost effective buying for domestic collections and deliveries
- Coordinating quotes and tender requests for any domestic transportation and project works
- Ensuring all transport movements are promptly communicated to the relevant parties in writing
- Coordinating and Monitoring of all domestic Hot Shot movements
- Maintaining Transport Log, ensuring all information is updated accurately and in a timely manner, including any third party job costs
- Corresponding warehouse deliveries with the relevant Insight warehouse receipts
- Delivering a high level of customer service
- Accurately accruing costs to job files
- Invoicing job files as per agreed contracted rates
What we’re looking for
- Experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of industry, customs and freight forwarding terminology
- Strong problem solving skills
- Confident in conflict resolution
- Advanced negotiation and relationship skills
- High level customer service skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organisation skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively in a busy work environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Excellent working knowledge of Customs ICS and Cyberfreight computer systems
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a Pre-Employment Medical and Drug and Alcohol screen along with Criminal History checks.
No unsolicited CV’s from any recruitment agencies will be recognised as received through their channels. Only after written request from Pentagon Freight Services will they be recognised as being received.
To find out more about Pentagon Freight Services please visit our website at www.pentagonfreight.com
Please contact Angela Keswick, HR Manager on 08 9353 3999, for more information or click the ‘Apply’ button below