For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join Pentagon Freight Services Brisbane Team in the role of Transport Supervisor. The role will report to the Queensland Operations Manager.
- Effectively managing and facilitating day to day operational requirements, including the management of the key accounts team
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers and identify and address customer requirements to ensure a smooth overall operational flow and ensure customers KPI’s are achieved.
- Facilitating the transportation of various types of cargoes, including dangerous goods and commercial shipments
- Assisting management with implementation of new processes and regulations, also ensuring that regulations are being adhered to by the department
- Developing and implementing procedures and processes relating to the operational flow
- Ensuring both internal and external client reporting obligations are maintained. Coordinating deliveries of customs released freight to destination and de-hire containers to empty depots
- Ensuring that monthly billing obligations are meet and accurately coding of supplier’s invoices and preparing files for handover to Accounts team
- Ensuring PFS are operating within the agreed contractual terms
- Assisting with tenders and competitive RFQ’s for domestic transportation and imports
- Ensuring cost effective buying for domestic collections and deliveries. Liaising with Transport suppliers to ensure service requirements are met
- Delivering a high level of customer service
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of freight forwarding terminology
- High level customer service skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organisation skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively in a busy work environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a Pre-Employment Medical and Drug and Alcohol screen along with Criminal History checks.
No unsolicited CV’s from any recruitment agencies will be recognised as received through their channels. Only after written request from Pentagon Freight Services will they be recognised as being received.
To find out more about Pentagon Freight Services please visit our website at www.pentagonfreight.com
Please contact Angela Keswick, HR Manager on 08 9353 3999, for more information or click the ‘Apply’ button below