Pentagon Freight Services is committed to compliance with the highest standards of business conduct and ethics. It is the Company’s policy to conduct all business in an honest, ethical and legally responsible manner.
All Owners, Directors, employees, and third-party agents representing the Company, or its clients are expected, at all times and in all countries, to comply with all applicable governmental regulations prohibiting bribery and all other forms of illegal corruption. These regulations include, but are not limited to, the UK Bribery Act, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Officials in International Business Transactions (OECD Convention).
Our objective is to create a culture and environment which will ensure the actions of all employees, directors and owners of the Company, as well as contractors and third-party agents, in the performance of his or her duties on behalf of the Company are compliant with all applicable regulations prohibiting bribery and corruption.
The CEO and Group Directors of Pentagon Freight Services are committed highest standards of anti-bribery and anti-corruption. In furtherance of this commitment, they have designated the Global Compliance Director to deliver the objectives of this policy through the implementation and administration of an Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Management System based on ISO 37001:2016.
To achieve this objective, we will:
- Promote a culture in which all Pentagon Freight Services employees, directors and owners, as well as contractors and third-party agents, share this commitment;
- Set measurable objectives, monitor and audit performance, and ensure continual improvement;
- Provide an anti-bribery and anti-corruption management framework and operational guidance in the form of processes, procedures and instructions, which ensure that operations are performed in a planned, systematic, efficient and compliant manner;
- Comply with all relevant regulatory and other requirements, including the anti-bribery and anti-corruption obligations included in contractual agreements;
- Provide our customers, contractors, third party agents and other business partners with the opportunity to contribute to the continual improvement of our operations; and
- Review this policy on an annual basis to ensure its continued relevance and appropriateness.
The effectiveness of any system is dependent on the commitment and competence of the people using it. All Pentagon Freight Services Owners, Directors and employees will receive instruction in the use of and requirements of our compliance and ethics management system and will be trained and equipped to carry out their roles competently.
Employees are encouraged to participate and contribute to improving service and product quality. With the commitment and involvement of our employees in all business operations, we will achieve our ethics and compliance goals and continue to drive towards the achievement and maintenance of our corporate mission.
Failure to comply with this policy may subject Owners, Directors, employees and third-party agents representing the Company to criminal or civil penalties, as well as to disciplinary action by the Company up to and including termination.
1st January 2022