For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops.
The Marketing and Business Analytics Specialist sits within the sales department and reports to the VP of Sales. They are responsible for collecting and analyzing market and business data to identify trends and recommend solutions to increase profit.
The Marketing and Business Analytics Specialist is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Follows industry developments and competitor pricing strategies that may affect pricing structures, and provides tactical and strategic responses.
- Mine internal data for trends to help in the prioritization of target accounts and new industries.
- Advises and supports all stakeholders in the deployment of new products, services, price structures, selling guidelines, and other initiatives aimed at improving overall company profitability; initiatives may be multi-national, cross-functional, and across Business Units.
- Designs and develops tools, models, and reports to support Sales and Pricing.
- Gathers data in order to determine effectiveness and profitability of pricing strategies and tactics. Identifies opportunities for improving pricing and profitability of existing accounts.
- Submits weekly sales reports to CHQ obtained through the CargoWise CRM portal.
- Support as needed with preparing and submitting Global RFQ tenders.
- Assist the Commercial Manager in designing market strategies and literature.
- Works to organize a wide variety of events, from trade shows and exhibitions.
- Perform competitive analysis activities including research, content management, and presentation materials.
- Provide excellence in customer service ensuring repeat business and that customer relationships are maintained.
- Marketing and pricing quotes for internal shirts and brand products.
- Assisting with internal brand communication (organizational charts, global memorandums, marketing templates)
What we’re looking for
- A strong sales background with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in business and marketing analytics.
- Advanced negotiation and relationship skills.
- Posses search engines, web analytics, and business research tools acumen.
- Must have strong freight forwarding operational and analytical skills.
- Advanced in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat.
- Advanced presentation skills and proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Power BI and Power Point.
- High attention to detail and strong planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Positive and professional attitude.
Please Get in Touch to apply.
Similar job offers in your area
- Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment.
Regional QHSE & Compliance Manager
For nearly 50 years, Pentagon Freight Services has worked alongside the critical industries we serve by providing best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics. Our aim is simple – we want to deliver certainty for a world that never stops. Following significant investment in the Netherlands and several new business awards in the Energy and Resource sector […]
We are currently recruiting for an Export Coordinator to join our general operations team within the Aberdeen Office.